Saturday, August 24, 2013

Just rewatched 'Ocean Heaven', a Chinese movie regarding a terminally ill father and his autistic son. Cried my eyes out once again and filled up my dust bin with tons of tissue.

Although I think I cried the most during the Japanese movie 'Departures', a movie regarding the traditional encoffining ceremony where a young musician from Tokyo who returns to his hometown and ends up learning the art of being an mortician, Ocean Heaven definitely comes a close second.

And something to note is Joe Hisaishi did the music for both movies! No wonder hehe. Not only is Ocean Heaven an extremely meaningful movie, the cast displays a stellar performance, cinematography is beautiful because it's Christopher Doyle and it also has a very touching soundtrack.

After the movie I decided to youtube more about it and came across this: (prepare some tissues hehe)