Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Villagers is all I've been listening to the past week.

I first discovered Conan O'Brien as a soloist (performing under the name Villagers) a few years back.
Armed with only an acoustic guitar and haunting tunes, it was like Damien Rice the second (you can tell I was charmed). Mind you that he's Irish too hehe.

He returned in early 2013 with his full band (so I guess Villagers are now a band) and released a second album titled Awayland. It's definitely a fuller sound, somewhat like a mash up between Damien Rice and Grizzly Bear imo.

I was on youtube at work (cause I can't get no work done without music) when I chanced upon their Glastonbury 2013 set and it was amazingggggggggggggggggggg. Kept it on repeat for days, along with this tweaked version of Nothing Arrived.


And my favourite song from him- Set The Tigers Free.


I'm damn charmed by Villagers, especially Conan O'Brien. Definitely my favourite 'male soloist' after Damien Rice.