Sunday, September 04, 2011

Went for an aunt's wake a couple of nights ago.
She has been battling cancer for a few years along with her husband and only son.
Her son is my age, just turned 21 this year.
While I was helping out at the wake and spoke to him during some moments of the funeral, he seemed to have accepted it so well and had a strong look on his face the whole time.

Since I was young, losing my parents was always my biggest worry.
As an only child with a relatively large age gap from my parents, there was a high probability that I would be on my own in this world at a young age.
I would get these moments where I just panic while I am alone at home and my parents are out and the thought would cross my mind like 'why are they not back yet?', 'what if there was a car accident?' and hurry call them to check.
It is an extremely unnerving feeling that I really hate.

I can only pray for my parents' health and fortune, may they be safe and sound for many years to come, till they see me married and maybe even see their grandchildren.
And when they do pass on, I pray that it would be a natural and painless one.