Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I think I found my favourite movie.
Although many movies have a special place in my heart, but I think this one is definitely one that stands out.

I happened to come across it randomly, it's a new Taiwanese film called Starry Starry Night.
I think it was released around a week ago in Taiwan, and I just found out it is opening in Singapore tomorrow.
How strange yet lucky that I came across it tonight, but I would love to watch it again in the cinemas though (:
Recently, I have been falling in love with quite a few Taiwanese films.
I'm starting to have a soft spot for Taiwanese films just like how I do for Japanese films.

It's quite a short film, not incredibly full of dialogue yet without too many long silent scenes.
It has a great story line, well developed, nicely paced and has a very personal and fragile feel on a whole.
First time I cried within like two minutes of the film :(
Beautifully filmed, my kind of warm lighting, quirky and vibrant colours and every scene is like a well composed photograph.
And there is a very unique magically element to the entire film with gorgeous special effects.

I really thoroughly enjoyed watching the movie and i will remember it for a long long time <3<3<3<3<3<3<3