Sunday, May 18, 2008

today i met a kind old man on the bus.
he was sitting in front of me on the bus when he suddenly turned around and asked me if i could spare him some water.
at first i thought the request was odd but obviously i gave him the bottle of water i had for him to drink.
then during the rest of the bus ride, he would turn around and talk to me and sometimes ask for more water.
he told me many interesting facts like how an underground mrt is being built at farrer road and singapore has an underground reservoir at bukit timah, i had no idea!

i like such warm-hearted conversation with a strangers especially with elderly people.
ive never had a grandfather cause both my grandfathers passed away before i was born and i only have one grandmother left.
i remember i had a conversation with an old lady once on 945 and she was the cutest old lady ever (:

anyway, it was also surprising how he opened up after we talked for just one bus ride.
he told me his personal story about how he got into an accident and the doctors said he would die after 4 days but after 10 days, he was still alive.
and in the end he woke up from a 1.5 month coma and he says it was thanks to god.

well im not christian and i admit i dont believe in god.
but sometimes hearing such stories make me feel more secure that maybe there is a god looking out for all of us after all.

the old man even shook my hand and blessed me before he got off the bus.
i had the urge to look down from my seat from the double decker bus and he also looked up after alighting and we smiled and waved at each other (:
i felt like it was such a pleasant encounter :D